Producers needing to receive Master Producer certification to qualify for the Tennessee Ag Enhancement Program (TAEP) will have several options to do so this fall and early spring.
If you received your Master Beef Producer certification prior to 2018, you will need to complete the Master Beef or Master Farm Manager course prior to reimbursement to be eligible for 50% cost share through TAEP.
Option 1 – Master Beef Webinar Series
- Webinars will be held via Zoom at 5:30 p.m. CST on September 13 & 27, October 4 & 25, and November 8, 15, 22 & 29.
- You must watch 7 of the 8 Zoom sessions to receive certification.
- Register for the Master Beef Webinar Series at https://utbeef.tennessee.edu/virtual-tennessee-master-beef-producer-program-registration/.
Option 2 – Fall Face-to-Face Master Beef Class in Hartsville
- Classes will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday & Thursday nights October 21 – November 4, 2021, at the Ag Complex at Trousdale County High School, located at 262 West McMurry Blvd in Hartsville.
- Call the Trousdale County UT Extension Office at 615-374-2421 or mail in your registration form by October 1 to register.
Option 3 – Spring Face-to-Face Master Farm Manager Class in Carthage
- Classes will be held on Tuesday & Thursday nights in February/early March 2022 at the Smith County Ag Center, located at 159 Ag Center Lane in Carthage.
- Call the Smith County UT Extension Office at 615-735-2900 or mail in your registration form by February 1 to sign up.
Additional Credit Opportunities
Attending the Upper Cumberland Beef Summit on November 13 and/or the Bull Evaluation Field Day on November 20 will also count towards certification. 7 total credits are needed for certification.
- Upper Cumberland Beef Summit | November 13, 2021 – 3 Credits
- Bull Evaluation Field Day | November 20, 2021 – 2 Credits
Call the UT Extension Smith County Office at 615-735-2900 for additional details about each option.
Completed enrollment forms can be brought or mailed to UT Extension Smith County | 125 Gordonsville Highway, Suite 300 | Carthage, TN 37030 or UT Extension Trousdale County | 214 Broadway, Suite A | Hartsville, TN 37074.